Friday, January 14, 2011

Organizing Paper!

HOORAY FOR PAPER!

A few months ago, I took out ALL my patterned paper (and Studio Calico kits...) and placed everything on the floor. Okay, I kept it *mostly* contained (in crop bags and Cropper Hoppers), but while I was going through it, it was EVERYWHERE...




And that's okay. It REALLY helps when you're organizing to take EVERYTHING from its place and stick it, temporarily, in a box or different container... or strewn about if you have the room. Tee hee. ;-)

I even broke up some kits. My favorites, or ones I hadn't touched much, stayed in tact. But I wanted to go through, LOOK at everything I had, and PURGE too. I went through Basic Grey collections and found several pieces that I just didn't like. Even though I had full lines, I ditched the ones I knew I wouldn't use.

Helpful Hint:

If you're on the fence about a certain sheet of paper, come up with THREE ways you can use it. Write it on a post-it or sheet of paper and stick it on the back, so if you do come back to that sheet of paper, you'll have a jumping-off point for inspiration!

Just get rid of stuff. Really. You will never use all that paper. Okay, probably never. ;-)

Mmm... feels good. Smile

Organizing:

Cardstock organization is usually a given for most people: store by color. Patterned paper, though... you can organize lots of ways!

  • Manufacturer (alphabetically or store by which ones you use most often)
  • Color
  • Theme (I have tabs for Floral, Ledger, Woodgrain, Christmas, etc)
  • Season (may be helpful if you scrap chronologically)
  • Make your own kits (and perhaps take photos, so you can find something if you need to)
Do you have any other ways you've tried that works for you?

2 comments:

jamie long said...

you have got alot of stuff sister! I keep pretty much only my kits because my space is so small

Valerie Bishop said...

I WAY need to do this with my pp!! I have way too much of it sitting around and I'm sure I don't like half of it!!