Monday, January 24, 2011

Ally's Tools & Essentials

I've been a fan of Allison Landy's for a while now. And her space is just SO cool! So many great ideas and awesome colors!

I asked Ally if she'd be willing to share some of her photos and ideas. I was so glad she agreed! :-)

From Ally:

"My large punches are stored in this shallow basket on a shelf directly behind where I stand and scrap. Though my collection has grown a LOT since this photo was taken - so much that I've added a different way to store my border punches. I have a small tin tub next to this basket that holds my small punches."

"I also like using tall ceramic coffee mugs for random tools - here are my paintbrushes..."

"I keep a lot of little things on these two IKEA shelves that sit right above my scrap table. The scissors hang from hooks and are right where I need them.

"The black jar to the right holds all my basic tools such as bone folder, Basic Grey sanding tools, styluses for rub ons, craft knife, etc. It actually sits on my desk now rather than on the shelf because I am in it so often I wanted it at counter height."

"Trimmers and adhesives are another item I need right at hand. My table is a counter height banquet table with 3 drawers and 2 shelves. The big adhesive gun and paper trimmer sit on the top shelf right under the table and right in front of where I stand.

"Rulers, small trimmers and small adhesives are all stored in the middle drawer, right above the others and right in front of where I stand. I guess I'm a lazy scrapper, because I'm all about convenience and usage when it comes to my organization and storage."

"Extra adhesives/specialty adhesives sit in a bin behind me..."


Thank you for sharing this with us, Ally! (And you can bet I'll be sharing more of her space in the future!)

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Love these ideas! Thanks for sharing the specific elements of tool storage in your space, Ally!

Valerie Bishop said...

Fabulous scrappy space!!